- Business card
- Business class
- Business ideas
- Business license
- Business management
- Business park
- Business plan
- Business school
- Business solutions
- Financial aid
- Financial group
- Financial management
- Financial services
- Financial statements
- Home business
- Personal Finance
- Savings account
- Small business
- Wealth management
The butcher shop
Description of the business Edit
BraAtos mini butchery provides fresh affordable sishabo meat to the poeple. Bringing quality Sishabo at a reasonable price.'
What exactly is it that is going to be sold or done?
- Chicken livers, Chicken Pieces,Eggs,Escort hampers,Chicken neck,Chicken heads, Chicken giblets and Chicken legs.
What skills are needed to do this? Where is this taught and how much will it cost?
- No Skills are required
- Atleast R13 600
What tools or equipment are needed? Where can they be bought, and how much will they cost?
How much space is needed to work from?
- A container will be sufficient for now
Where will the space be found, and how much will it cost to rent?
Rent is R500 per month
What sort of people will buy the product? Who are they and where do they live?
- Everyone in the neighbourhood
How much and how often will they buy? Will they come to the shop or will it be necessary to deliver?
- Every day.
- Poeple will come to the container to buy the products being sold at the container.
Upstream Businesses Edit
A list of businesses and ideas that provide the services and products that this business needs.
- Chicken Farm
- Escort manufactures
Downstream Businesses Edit
A list of businesses and ideas that this business could provide products for.
What major competitors will attract clients' spending away from the business' products?
- There is a Pick n Pay around the corner.
- There are women selling at the street corner.
What prices and products do these companies have?
- They have all types of meats
- Their prices are a bit expensive, they can not buy in bulk
What makes them popular / unpopular?
- They are popular because they stand on the street and they are there till late
- Unpopular because of the bad packaging,they wrap their meat with paper.
What do they do to attract customers? Specials? Interesting marketing / advertising?
Which of the competitors stand out as being particularly good at what they do?
What can be done to stand out against them? What can be done that is more exciting / more interesting?
- Good Parkaging
- Give Promotional Items occasionally
Marketing the business to clients Edit
What sort of people will buy the products and how important is product consistency to them (e.g. must every loaf of bread be identical)?
- People around the neighbowood.
- Poeple passing by from the train
- Poeple passing by from the Taxis
- Customers are very particular about the freshness and size it is important to be consistant.
How seasonal or fashion-dependent are their buying habits (do they buy only in summer, only over Christmas, etc.)?
- It is a all year long business.
Do the clients want the products to be the cheapest or the best (low price / low quality or high price / high quality)?
- The customers want good quality, but the prices must also be cheap
How do the clients decide where to buy the products? What sorts of advertising / promotions attract their interest?
- They decide to buy at a place where they get respect
- A word of mouth and flyers also work
- Good Advertising and branding material will attract customers
Do the clients want the same things sold in the same way, or do they want things to change all the time?
- They like the same things
What can be done to attract the first clients (the most important and most difficult to get)? How much will it cost?
- Word of mouth
- Door to door by means of fliyers
The business inputs and outputs Edit
List all of the inputs (products that are required to produce the products):
- Money to buy stock
- Plastic packs
- Display Frigde
- Plastic pack
- Advertising board
List all of your outputs (products created by your business):
- Meat, cut and packed according to size
What sort of prices can be charged and how much profit will can be made on each item (a rough estimate)?
Do the outputs have a shelf-life? Must they be sold within a specified time limit before they go off / can't be sold? Which ones?
- Yes, two weeks.
- What is not sold is refrigirated.
Setting up the business Edit
List everything that needs to be done to prepare the business to be ready (list everything needed to have as well, both equipment and stock):
- Display Fridge
- Advertising boat
- Plastic meat Packaging
How long will it take to get all of those things
List all the fixed costs to be paid every month even if nothing is sold (things like rent, electricity, telephone, staff wages):
- Rent R500
- Wages R1000
- Loan R14 000 / 20 months is R700
Total amount for fixed costs: R700
What training will they need, how long will it take and how much will it cost?
The manufacturing or production process Edit
List every step, from start to finish, to produce the product
- Get the products from various supplier unpacked
- Get the meat nicely cutted,washed,weighted, priced and packaged
- Take it to the butchery for Display
- Sell Sell Sell
Allocate each of the manufacturing steps to a process and a process to a staff member (e.g. all manufacturing steps A to process 1):
What possible problems may happen during each step of the manufacturing process?
- Have to wait for a freind to close before I can use this scale
- Have to pay the person whom will borrow me his weighing machine
What solutions can be identified for these problems? How much will they cost and how long will they take to fix?
- Buy my own weighing machine
- The price for a socondhand weighing machine is R1500
What is the maintenance program for all the equipment?
- Fridge-weekly cleaning
- Display Frigde cleaning dairly
What safety requirements are important for production?
How will quality control and client feedback be handled?
- Quaility is controlled by storing in the fridge to ensure freshness
- Any complaints will be listened to carefully and be solved in a friendly and acceptable manner
Running the business Edit
What is the process for running the business on a typical day? Who will be responsible for each step? Link this back to the production process.
There will a be a person who will be working full time at the container
I will be there to close off the business on a dairly basis
Who will act as backup should the person responsible not be there? What do they need to act as backup?
Portia, she is currently unemployed
I will go assist the to open up and also go there to close up
What weekly processes need to be performed? Who is responsible, who is backup and what tools are required?
Order Fresh meat weekly
Sithembile will be responseble for the entire process
What monthly processes need to be performed? Who is responsible, who is backup and what tools are required?
obtaining new packaging material
creating specialls on the meat that has left for one month
What is the schedule for training and motivating staff?
Working when I am there
short shift once in a while
What processes are required for maintenance and new product creation? Who is responsible and what tools do they need?
Obtaining info from customers.
Items that we do not provide and these items are required often
Before beginning Edit
List some of the support services available (legal, business and other) that might be needed
What major laws concern the business, and which government departments should be called to keep up to date (list phone numbers)?
Related articles Edit
Insert links to articles on Wikipedia or other Wikis that may be useful (such as recipes, legal discussions, accounting articles, and so on)
External links Edit
List links to outside websites that may be useful for anyone starting this business
Business Trials Edit
List your name if you started a business based on this plan, where you started the business, and how you did Links to case histories - you are welcome to develop these and insert them in your personal page (create this by developing a personal profile) Retrieved from "http://startup.wikicities.com/wiki/TRC_templates"
Category: Business plan